Perfect salad for weekend meal preps!
I first came up with this salad when I was teaching cooking classes. The goal was to create a gluten free fresh tasting salad that could be eaten all week long and I smashed that goal! It has since become one of my family’s favorite salads.
Make it up on Sunday and eat it all week long. For best results later in the week I recommend adding the tomatoes and cucumbers the night before.
Summer Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoons Fresh Dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chives
- 1 cup Carrots chopped
- 1 whole Large Cucumber
- 2 whole Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 whole Lime juice and zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Rinse and drain quinoa (to help release any bitter flavors). Combine vegetable stock and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy, about 15 minutes.
- Allow Quinoa to cool 5 minutes once cooking is done. Combine parsley, dill, chives, carrots, cucumber and tomato in a medium bowl.
- Juice and zest 1/2 lime, adding both to the veggie mixture. Add salt and mix well. Stir in cooked quinoa and garnish with additional herbs as desired.