Summertime Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken
I love the sweet tangy flavor of this Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken, especially when combined with the smokiness from the grill. The best part about this recipe is you can make it from scratch or use left over grilled chicken to make this in minutes.
***Cooking note: You can make this recipe from scratch, or used left over grilled chicken for a quick and simple meal. Instructions for both methods have been been included below.
Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken
Starting this recipe from Scratch:
- Sprinkle each with sea salt, pepper and lemon zest. Mix together olive oil, honey, and lemon juice and set this aside until ready
- Place the chicken breasts on the hottest part of the grill and allow them to cook for 4-5 minutes. (Turning to quickly will only make them stick to the grill).
- Flip and brush the top of with honey lemon mixture. Allow chicken to cook 3-5 minutes. Brush with honey lemon mixture and flip, cooking an additional 1-2 minutes.
Using Leftover Grilled Chicken:
- Mix together olive oil, honey, and lemon juice and set this aside until ready.
- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium het.
- Brush the top of with honey lemon mixture and add to the grill pan. Allow chicken to cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Brush with honey lemon mixture and flip, cooking an additional 1-2 minutes.