- 2 whole Jalapeno Peppers seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 whole Onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Shredded Beef
- 3 cups Red Sauce
- 1 can Black Beans
- 3 whole Avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 9 6 inch Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese shredded
- 4 Green Onions sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- Add cooking spray to a non-stick skillet, and heat over medium high heat. Stir in jalapeños, garlic and onions cook until onions are softened.
- Add in cumin, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in beef, crushed tomatoes and beans; heat all the way through.
- Remove skin and seed from 2 avocados and mash. Mix avocados together 1/4 tsp. sea salt and lime juice, and set aside.
- Slice tortillas into strips 2-3 inches wide. Spoon 1/3 of meat sauce mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased casserole dish and top with a layer of tortillas.
- Spread a layer of mashed avocado across tortillas, 1/3 meat mixture and sprinkle with 1cup shredded cheese. Top with another layer of tortillas, mashed avocado and remaining meat mixture.
- Slice remaining avocado and layer across the top, sprinkling with remaining cheese, and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Allow lasagna to sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve topped with green onions and fresh cilantro