Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 2 whole Lemons juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons Turbinado Sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar and salt. Melt butter or coconut oil and whisk together with milk and eggs.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together by hand. Fold in lemon juice, lemon zest and blueberries.
- Divide batter among muffin tins, (about 2/3 cup for each traditional size tin). Sprinkle with turbinado sugar as desired.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.