Ready in minutes ~ Garlic Almond Green Beans
Being a busy mom with three kids, three dogs and a hubby always on the go can make dinner time a challenge, but one that is worth stepping up to. According to studies completed by The Family Dinner Project, families who take the time to eat together experience many physical, mental and emotional benefits. In fact, children are more likely to have
- Lower risk of depression
- Better academic performance
- Lower risk of substance abuse
- Greater sense of resilience
- Lower risk of teen pregnancy
- Higher self-esteem
- Lower likelihood of developing eating disorders
- Lower rates of obesity
These Garlic Almond Green Beans make dinnertime a snap as they can be ready in 10 minutes, and are ingredients that are easy to always have on hand. And they go fantastically with Lemon Rosemary Chicken which can easily be prepared on the weekend for a quick reheat during the week.
Garlic Almond Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 cups Green Beans frozen or fresh
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Almonds sliced
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet of medium high heat. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add in green beans and sea salt and sauté 10 minutes. Add in almonds and sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- While water is boiling add ice water into a large bowl.
- Once water boils carefully add green beans and allow them to cook for 60 seconds.
- Remove green beans with a slotted spoon and place them immediately into the ice water bath to prevent over cooking.