These Crispy Pan-Fried potatoes will have you family asking for more!
This is of my favorite recipes for breakfast. I love to toss these together with sautéed onions and mushrooms, with a little turkey sausage on the side. Truth be told I have these most mornings, when time allows.
And if you love these like I do, let me share with you a few of my time saving tips …
- Bake up enough potatoes on Sunday during your meal prep times
- Dice potatoes and store each serving in a separate baggie or container
- If you are tossing in the onions mushrooms, feel free to slice those and store each serving in a separate baggie of container
- If you are going to add sausage as well, cook that up as well and store each serving in a separate baggie of container
Special Food Safety Note: Potatoes are a TCS Food (Foods that are Time and Temperature Controlled for Safety). Keeping baked potatoes at room temperature can actually increase the risk of food poisoning. To prevent this from happening store your cooked potatoes in the refrigerator, as soon as possible. For more information on TCS foods check out this guide from State Food Safety.
Crispy Pan-Fried Potatoes
- 4 whole Large Red Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 whole Green Onions chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Wash potatoes and pierce each one with a fork. Bake in the microwave using your microwave's potato setting (3-4 minutes per potato). Allow potatoes to cool for a few minutes, and then cut into small bite size cubes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat swirling to coat the bottom. You will want to get the pan nice and hot so be patient. Add potatoes and salt, and cook without stirring for 4-5 minutes. This will crisp up the bottom. Flip potatoes and cook an additional 4-5 minutes. The bottoms will be a nice golden brown.
- Remove from heat and toss in green onions and black pepper. Serve immediately with your favorite main.