Crisp, Fresh, Incredible ~ Citrus Infused Coleslaw!
This easy to toss together salad is incredible not only for it’s flavor. It is one of those salads you can make in a snap for an impromptu backyard BBQ, or on a long winter day when your dreaming of summer. This Citrus Infused Coleslaw works great for weekend meal preps as these veggies stay crisp and fresh for days, and the flavor just keeps getting better.
Feel free to try this with a variety of citrus juices from lemon, orange or a combination of a few. Orange and lime is a favorite combination of mine!
Citrus Infused Coleslaw
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 whole Lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 small head Green Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 small head Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 cup Carrots shredded
- 1 cup Parsnips shredded
- 1 whole Sweet Red Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds (optional)
- Chop up cabbages, carrots and celery as desired, and toss together in a large bowl.
- Put remaining ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until creamy. Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss well to coat.
- Store in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight before serving. Store extra in the refrigerator for up to 5 days