- 2 whole Lemons
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Water
- Stir together sugar, lemon juice, and water in a large skillet over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cut lemons into 1/8-inch-thick rounds; discard seeds. Add lemon slices, and simmer gently, keeping slices in a single layer.
- Cook turning occasionally until slightly translucent and rinds are softened. About 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place slices in a single layer in a wax paper-lined pan. Cool completely (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 2 hours to 2 days. Reserve syrup for another use.