Banana Nut Muffins ~ Done Two Ways!
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 small Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 24 mini muffin cups with paper liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar and salt. Melt butter or coconut oil and whisk together with milk and eggs.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together by hand. Fold in mashed bananas and pecans by hand. Separate batter into two separate bowls, adding cocoa powder to one bowl. (You may need to add a splash more of milk to maintain the right muffin consistency).
- Divide batter among muffin tins, Sprinkle with turbinado sugar as desired.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.