A fast and easy soup ready in minutes!
This is a family favorite and you can easily double the recipe and freeze half for an even faster meal in the future.
This recipe is prepared with pre-cooked shredded pork. Don’t have any pre-cooked shredded pork on hand? No problem!
Simply cut 1 lb. of pork chops into 1 inch pieces and sear in a skillet with 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat, until edges are crispy and browned. Use this in place of the shredded pork.
5 Bean Pork Soup
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 whole Onion chopped
- 1 cup Celery
- 10 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 10 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed
- 1 can Kidney Beans rinsed
- 1 can Navy Beans rinsed
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans rinsed
- 1 can Black Eyed Peas rinsed
- 2 cups Shredded Pork
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom.
- Add in garlic, mushrooms, celery and onions and sauté 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Next, add in celery, paprika and turmeric, sauté until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, mushrooms, beans and pork, and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.